Friday, December 3, 2010

Breadth 3


"Like Glass"
After several attempts at capturing running water from a hoes, while sitting in the muddy grass of my backyard, I finally got a shot I was happy with. What I love about this photo is the fact that you can almost see through the water as if it were glass, but the distortion also creates an interesting reflection of the sun and light streaks that indicate movement.
"My Music" medium: gesso, watercolor, pencil
For this piece, my motive was to illustrate my first full-set show and the importance of writing music. I choose to gesso most of the writing, leaving only a few clear phrases, which I also illustrated in pencil. I wanted to express the relief I get through writing/performing through a messy medium, which I ironically had a hard time with. It took me a few tries to allow myself to splatter paint without holding back, which I think is similar to how I feel about songwriting.

2 comments: